Cruze Discussion General Chevrolet Cruze discussion.

2012 Chevrolet Cruze

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 06:30 AM

stevenlee is on a distinguished road
Default 2012 Chevrolet Cruze

Based on what was once called the Delta 2 platform, the Cruze rides on GM's Global Compact Vehicle Architecture. The primary engineering and development comes from GMDAT -- GM's Korean partner (although there has been strong input from the North American and European planning groups).

The U.S. model sees the rear independent suspension replaced with a Z-link suspension, but gains an acoustic laminate windshield for added interior quietness. The Cruze also features rack-mounted electric power steering -- a features that delivers a marginal fuel gain and reduces required steering input for low speed maneuvers.

Outside, the Cruze takes styling cues from the dapper Malibu and is a much sharper-looking car than its predecessor, the homely Cobalt. The interior is also a departure from small Chevrolet models of the past, featuring a clean and attractive dashboard with intuitive controls and impressive materials for the segment.

Powertrain Lineup
Entry-level models are powered by a naturally aspirated 1.8-liter four-cylinder, while higher trims get a turbocharged 1.4-liter Ecotec four-cylinder - both of which can be had with either a six-speed automatic or manual transmission (limited by trim level).

The turbocharged engine puts out 138 horsepower and 148 lb-ft of torque and achieves a recently improved rating of up to 28 city, 42 mpg on the highway in Eco trim and matched to a manual transmission, 39 mpg highway with the automatic-equipped Eco, or 26 city and 38 highway in non-Eco trim with the six-speed automatic (also a two mpg improvement).

The 1.8-liter puts out 138 horsepower and 123 lb-ft. of torque, good for 25 city, 36 highway mpg with the manual transmission of 22 city, 35 highway with the automatic.

Trim Level Breakdown
The Cruze is offered in four standard trim levels: LS, LT, LTZ and Eco. It can also be had with a specialty option package, known as RS Appearance, which includes rocker moldings, unique front and rear fascias, front fog lamps and a rear spoiler.

The base LS trim level comes with the 1.8-liter Ecotec engine and a six-speed manual transmission, A/C, power locks and windows and remote keyless entry. Standard safety equipment includes 10 airbags, StabiliTrak ESC, ABS and more.

Opting for the LT essentially swaps out the less efficient 1.8-liter four-cylinder for the 1.4-liter turbocharged engine (the six-speed stick remains standard) and bumps the wheels up to 16-inches, adds a leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift **** and outside power-adjustable, body-color mirrors.

The 1LT sub-trim level also adds the Connectivity Package as standard, which adds Bluetooth for select phones, UBS port in the center console and steering wheel-mounted audio controls. There is an available 1LT All-Star Package which adds a power sunroof and premium Pioneer audio system. The 2LT sub-trim level adds front bucket seats with leather seating surfaces, six-way power driver seat and heated driver and front passenger seats. The 2LT also has available navigation with touch screen seven-inch color display system, available premium Pioneer nine-speaker audio system, 17-inch alloy wheels with four-wheel disc brakes and rear park assist.

Factory remote start is included when the automatic transmission is selected.

The Cruze Eco relies on the 1.4-liter turbocharged engine and a six-speed manual to achieve the platform-leading fuel economy of 28 city, 42 mpg highway (improved for the second model year on the market), or a slightly lower 39 highway with the automatic transmission. The Cruze Eco is specced similarly to the LT trim level with 17-inch alloy wheels and ultra low-rolling resistance tires, as well as a package to improve aerodynamics.

Jumping to the range-topping LTZ will result in the same 1.4-liter turbocharged engine, but with a six-speed automatic transmission. Drivers enjoy an uplevel chrome-trimmed instrument panel, drivers and passenger illuminated vanity mirrors, a six-way power driver's seat, leather seating surfaces, steering wheel and shift ****. Also standard is cruise control, Bluetooth, USB, steering-wheel radio controls, automatic climate control, ultrasonic rear-parking assist, 18-inch wheels and remote start.

Optional Features
The Cruze features several high-tech options and features such as available navigation with 40-gigabyte hard drive with pause-and-play radio and the ability to download music onto the hard drive, XM satellite radio, a premium Pioneer nine-speaker stereo system featuring a 250-watt amplifier, heated lather seats and OnStar.

Key Competitors
Those interested in the Cruze should also consider the redesigned Honda Civic and the newly Americanized Volkswagen Jetta. Other options include the Nissan Sentra and Mitsubishi Lancer.
Attached Thumbnails 2012 Chevrolet Cruze-2011-chevrolet-cruze-28_318.jpg  
Old 08-15-2012, 04:30 AM

AnneRice is on a distinguished road
Default i-miev recall

In an increase of a previous recall effort in Canada, reported here on Car Deal Expert, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has publicized the U.S. recall of a few 2012 Mitsubishi i-MiEV electric subcompact hatchbacks -- a.k.a. the Mitsubishi. The recall is over the deployment of the curtain and side impact airbags. Get a car finance loan to cover your brand new car. If you want to buy a new car you should avail an auto loan. This will help you to buy the car that you have always wanted and you may also ask help from a car dealer in your town.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:16 AM

Drew07 is on a distinguished road

hmmm very nice drive... I like the cruze because of its performance and its more seating capacity. I hope now people are moving to these brands from the other common brands like honda and suzuki. Thanks for sharing. You write it very well.
Old 11-01-2013, 05:16 AM

savinandi is on a distinguished road

The initial and the final power of cruze itself is enough to show its maturity and authority over other cars in its category. This is the one hell of a reason I like cruze. And about all the rest; I think I will need a whole new site to explain.

------------------------------------
TOMI BOL
omnitech support
Old 11-28-2013, 12:37 AM

Norex44 is on a distinguished road

Well I definitely liked reading it. This information provided by you is very constructive for correct planning. I like your work for providing information to the other.
Old 07-14-2014, 05:12 AM

bradstuart2303 is on a distinguished road
Default 2012 Chevrolet Cruze

Hello......
I am a users of Cruze brand it's a good brand........2012 Chevrolet Cruze interiors include premium materials and unbeatable standard equipment such as air conditioning, vehicle anti-theft system, USB port, adjustable steering wheel with audio controls, AM/FM stereo system with CD player, MP3 playback capability, six speakers, auxiliary jack for personal playback devices, two power outlets, remote keyless entry and a trial subscription to SiriusXM Satellite..............
Old 11-11-2014, 06:06 AM

mahdeen is on a distinguished road

I have the silver grey metallic. I am very disappointed with the Korean Cruze which has poor quality plastic & carpet, specification very inferior to the US. one.