Cruze Discussion General Chevrolet Cruze discussion.

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Pays Tribute To “The Blues Brothers”

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 11:24 AM

Admin-Roger is on a distinguished road
Default 2012 Chevrolet Cruze Pays Tribute To “The Blues Brothers”

Is the 2012 Chevrolet Cruze the new Dodge Monaco? Perhaps not, but a Cruze was recently decked out in tribute to The Blues Brothers, essentialy serving as the Monaco’s replacement for a pair of Elwood and Jake imposters.

Chevrolet UK unveiled its birthday present to itself — which it calls the “Cruzer” — yesterday during the all-American Cruise-in at London’s Ace Cafe, in London. While that might not mean anything to Americans, the Ace Cafe is iconic in the United Kingdom as the drive-in hang-out of choice for car guys and bikers alike in the 1940s, 50s and 60s, before being shut down, and then reopened in 2001.

The one-off 2012 Chevy Cruzer is painted in the same black and white police livery as the Mount Prospect Police 1974 Dodge Monaco that Dan Aykroyd and John Belushi drove on their mission from God in The Blues Brothers. While a Cruze might not pass as a suitable replica of the Bluesmobile in the United States (we think a cop-spec Dodge Charger R/T is much more in line with the original Bluesmobile), for a country whose law enforcement officers regularly rely on Vauxhall Astras and Volvo V70s, the Cruzer — on steel wheels, no less – somehow suffices. Pity it doesn’t actually sport a cop motor, cop tires, cop suspension, and cop shocks. We’re not sure Jake would approve.

Read more: http://rumors.automobilemag.com/2012...%9D-71823.html
Attached Thumbnails -2012-chevrolet-cruze-cruzer-blues-brothers-front-three-quarters-2-623x417.jpg  
Old 01-13-2012, 09:42 PM

reinaldo is on a distinguished road

It looks more of a police car. It's quite surprising that chevy parts were created for such a purpose but I think GM knows what they're doing.
Old 09-13-2013, 07:50 AM

mariashawn is on a distinguished road

hmmm very nice car... I like the cruze because of its performance and its more seating capacity. I hope now people are moving to these brands from the other common brands like honda and suzuki. Thanks for sharing. You write it very well.
Old 09-27-2013, 11:50 PM

mariashawn is on a distinguished road

hmmm very nice car... I like the cruze because of its performance and its more seating capacity. I hope now people are moving to these brands from the other common brands like honda and suzuki. Thanks for sharing. You write it very well.

pmp course pmp course
sat online course sat online course
sat online sat online
mcat prep mcat prep
network+ test network+ test