Cruze News The latest happenings and updates on the Chevrolet Cruze.

Chevrolet's Cruze 2.0 VCDi LT now available with automatic gearbox

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 10:48 PM
Administrator

admin has disabled reputation
Default Chevrolet's Cruze 2.0 VCDi LT now available with automatic gearbox

Buyers of Chevrolet’s Cruze 2.0 VCDi LT can now take advantage of an automatic gearbox. The six-speed transmission can operate in full auto mode, saving drivers the legwork in heavy traffic, yet at the same time offers a manual shift function, offering all of the performance and flexibility of a manual gearbox when needed.

Powered by a 150PS 2.0-litre common rail diesel engine, the new model accelerates from 0-62mph in an impressive 9.9 seconds, on to a top speed of 124mph where conditions allow. Yet at the same time, it retains Chevrolet’s core value of low running costs – offering up to 51.4mpg on the extra urban cycle. Combined MPG is 42.2mpg, with CO2 emissions of 177g/km.

With a five-star Euro NCAP crash test rating, the only car ever to achieve maximum points in offset frontal and side-impact tests, the Cruze is also one of the safest cars on the road making it the perfect choice for family motorists or high mileage fleet drivers. Standard Electronic Stability Control and traction control add to its driver appeal.

It also comes with a huge list of standard equipment, rarely found in a car at this price level. Luxury features include full climate control, reverse parking sensors, cruise control, front fog lamps, 17-inch alloy wheels, rain sensitive wipers, automatic headlights, front and rear electric windows, follow-me-home headlights, a six-CD autochanger and MP3 socket, and a Thatcham category 1 alarm system with remote locking.

The Cruze 2.0VCDi LT automatic costs £17,145 on-the-road.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:58 AM

Disbeliever is on a distinguished road

I have just purchased the Cruze diesel LT auto(UK version) and find unwanted features but not useful ones as found on my previous Dodge Caliber SXT CVT. e.g. powered foldback door mirrors,tyre presure monitor gauge, compass, self locking, doors at 15 mph., two trip mileometers, chilled drinks locker, front overhead lights on when opening doors,. The Caliber instruments are much clearer & easy to read, the Cruze dials are a Mickey Mouse design,the urban fuel consumption is 31.8 mpg but up to 40.7 on a longer run. Speakers on the Cruze are attached to very thin flexible plastic and the bass notes vibrate through the steering wheel which is extremely annoying. The controls on the Cruze are rather confusing and the owners manual is insufficiently explicit. I am rather concerned over problems I hear re the Diesel Particulate filter as I do not do many long journeys at high speed to enable in excess of 2000 rpm in order that the filter will recharge. The 2010 model Caliber is not coming to the UK otherwise I would have bought another one my third. Useful standard features on the Cruz are full size spare wheel very good climate control ,rear parking sensors, car drives OK but seats not as comfortable as the Calibers a similar priced vehicle.

Last edited by Disbeliever; 03-06-2010 at 02:04 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:53 AM

Disbeliever is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Disbeliever
I have just purchased the Cruze diesel LT auto(UK version) and find unwanted features but not useful ones as found on my previous Dodge Caliber SXT CVT. e.g. powered foldback door mirrors,tyre presure monitor gauge, compass, self locking, doors at 15 mph., two trip mileometers, chilled drinks locker, front overhead lights on when opening doors,. The Caliber instruments are much clearer & easy to read, the Cruze dials are a Mickey Mouse design,. Speakers on the Cruze are attached to very thin flexible plastic and the bass notes vibrate through the steering wheel which is extremely annoying. The controls on the Cruze are rather confusing and the owners manual is insufficiently explicit. I am rather concerned over problems I hear re the Diesel Particulate filter as I do not do many long journeys at high speed to enable in excess of 2000 rpm in order that the filter will recharge. The 2010 model Caliber is not coming to the UK otherwise I would have bought another one my third. Useful standard features on the Cruz are full size spare wheel very good climate control ,rear parking sensors, car drives OK but seats not as comfortable as the Calibers a similar priced vehicle.
Overall fuel consumption 300 miles 29.4 mpg