Cruze News The latest happenings and updates on the Chevrolet Cruze.

New arrival in the family

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 11:32 AM

ddocru is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up New arrival in the family

My baby Cruze arrived yesterday!!! It is black on black and really sharp! I am very pleased I made the decision to go with this vehicle instead of a Monte Carlo or Malibu. I have to watch myself on the highway, though. Before I know it , I am speeding ,because the car is so quiet ,and really has a smooth ride. I need to set my cruise control so I won't end up getting a speeding ticket. For all of you out there-this is a fantastic car and I feel you can't go wrong for the price . By the way, mine is a 1.4 turbo ,5 speed automatic. Gas is expected to go up to near $3.00 this weekend so I got this baby just in time!! LOL!!!!!
Old 10-08-2010, 10:01 PM

Cruze is on a distinguished road

I thought the 1.4L was only offered with a 6 speed transmission.
What is your rpm at 60 mph?
Old 10-09-2010, 04:04 AM

Disbeliever is on a distinguished road

You are lucky you have the US spec. the UK one whilst the roadholding is excellent gives a very poor ride on our rough London roads as it does not have the Watts Linkage suspension only the cheap torsion beam. We are always ripped off in the UK World Wide Maufacturers call the UK Treasure Island as prices on most goods electronics, cars clothes are much higher sometimes 40% more than in the US. The List price of Cruze 2 litre Diesel with auto transmission was approx £17500 but I got a £3k discount petrol consumption for a diesel is very poor average 26/28 in Town 33 mpg on the motorway. I
Old 10-09-2010, 10:06 AM

ddocru is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Cruze
I thought the 1.4L was only offered with a 6 speed transmission.
What is your rpm at 60 mph?
You are correct- it is a 6 speed transmission. Thanks

Originally Posted by Disbeliever
You are lucky you have the US spec. the UK one whilst the roadholding is excellent gives a very poor ride on our rough London roads as it does not have the Watts Linkage suspension only the cheap torsion beam. We are always ripped off in the UK World Wide Maufacturers call the UK Treasure Island as prices on most goods electronics, cars clothes are much higher sometimes 40% more than in the US. The List price of Cruze 2 litre Diesel with auto transmission was approx £17500 but I got a £3k discount petrol consumption for a diesel is very poor average 26/28 in Town 33 mpg on the motorway. I
I guess I am lucky . I dont know my gas mileage yet except for city and that is about the same as your diesel.

Last edited by radomirthegreat; 10-11-2010 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Combined posts
Old 10-11-2010, 09:54 PM

radomirthegreat is on a distinguished road

Congrats on the great Cruze purchase! I wish you years and years of great driving! Keep on posting, and I'll see you around the forums.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:16 AM

yutzybrian is on a distinguished road

Congrats! And yea you might want to get into the habit of using that cruise control. Got any pictures of your new ride?
Old 10-15-2010, 08:11 AM

CREWZIN is on a distinguished road

Congrats on your new Cruze. I'm waiting for mine to arrive at the dealers. They finally received 1 at the dealership and it was the LS model in silver. Took it for a test drive and so far so good. Since your in Ohio, I guess it was pretty easy for the dealerships to get the first Cruze's since the factory can't be very far away.
Old 10-27-2010, 04:22 AM

wolfy is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Disbeliever
And you are lucky being in the uk i have just brought a 2.0 LS with manual gear cloth interior,for just under 30000 pounds 251000danish kroner,he threw in a afermarket crise control and some carpets in as well....
Old 01-13-2011, 03:15 AM

Disbeliever is on a distinguished road

It is well known that the Danish Government has too high tax rates on cars. I have run the Cruze Diesel LT auto for 10 months with no warranty claims. However I still dislike the ride on London's rough roads. Another problem is the very poor instrumentation which IMO is dangerous. Because of rotten very poor design I find it not possible to read the speedo both when travelling very fast or in strong sunlight when wearing sunglasses. Having two large dials one for tachometer & another for speedo is not acceptable. The speedo should be centrally placed with smaller rev counter as found on on the Dodge Caliber & Saabs & a few other brands.. It is always best to have black symbols on a whitebackground. I hate the auto lights & rainsensing wipers and lack of a separate odometer. and the cheap nasty plastic., no TPM or powered foldback door mirrors.. I would also like to see all saloon cars have a rear screen wiper as on hatchbacks..

Last edited by Disbeliever; 01-13-2011 at 03:24 AM.