Off-Topic General Off-Topic chat.

MPG Estimates are false

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 01:24 PM

ralicea1 is on a distinguished road
Default MPG Estimates are false

Had my Cruze for a month now and I must say that it feels like I'm getting 10 miles city and 20 hwy...my Corolla was giving me better gas mileage...the EPA estimates are 25/38, but that's way too generous...this car is barely giving me 20 on the highway...not good as I was sold on the MPG since I travel 23 miles to work each day...pissed that I let my Corolla go. Should have purchased another Corolla...Oh by the way, if you are in Georgia, DO NOT PURCHASE a car from Terry Cullen Chevrolet...they really fooled me on this deal and waived my "love it or return it" option without consulting with me and used the rebate towards the car...totally unethical sales folks at this dealership...Called Chevrolet and their Customer Service Rep called me multiple times advising that they were trying to reach Terry Cullen to share my experience with them. They never called Terry Cullen and never called me back again. Total screwed up experience...last time I bought a new Chevrolet was in 1977 when I purchased a Monte Carlo..was giving them a try after almost 30 years of buying Japanese vehicles...this will be the last Chevy I will ever purchase due to my experience at Terry Cullen and the false information about MPG regarding the Cruze.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:30 AM

WhiteAndBright is on a distinguished road

How are the mpg false?? I have a 2012 LTZ and they are rated at 38 mpg on the hwy, I am showing an avg of 41.4 on my daily drive to and from work (83) miles. Also the highest that I have seen is just a hair under 45mpg.. Maybe its not the car maybe its the DRIVER!!! Maybe you should focus on how the car is suppose to be driven and NOT on how YOU think the car should be driven... Only excuse for your low mpg is driver error!!