Site news and announcements. The latest site happenings, from upgrades, new chat areas and more.

How To: Post on CruzeChat.com - Tips and Tricks

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 10:32 AM
Administrator

admin has disabled reputation
Exclamation How To: Post on CruzeChat.com - Tips and Tricks

HOW TO EDIT / UPDATE YOUR SIGNATURE

Creating a signature helps others know about you and your vehicle.

We ask that all members insert a signature, please read here for specifics.

You will see in the footer of this post my personal signature.

HOW TO POST

It is always important when posting to use very specific Titles and messages and if applicable, tags in the message.
New threads with the subject: Help
and a message of 'I broke down' will never yield the results you are looking for.
A descriptive title such as:
Subject: My 1984 Ford Mustang 5L won't crank
Message: Tried starting my car this morning but it wouldnt crank, any ideas?
Tags: 1984 mustang, wont crank
Will yield you some great answers.

HOW TO POST A REPLY (respond to a thread)

There are 2 ways to reply to a thread as outlined in the attached image below. Regardless of which method you use, the important thing is to enter as much key information relating to the topic being discussed. 1 word replies generally serve no purpose.

UPLOADING AN IMAGE FILE TO YOUR POST

There are a few things to consider when attaching an image. The actual file of your file and if it is an image file, the dimensions.
Below is the attachment box that pops open. You can see the image sizing.
The site being demonstrated allows files 1mb in size with a max width and height of 1000x1000 pixels.

Below is how the page will look when you click Manage Attachments.
The procedure while in a reply or creating a new thread is:
Manage Attachments
Browse (browse your computer for the image, click it and it should add to the field)
Click upload
Click close this window in the attachment box *your attachment should be added and should be seen in the new post / reply box as an attachment
You still need to submit your thread or reply for it to become active.

Your image if successfully upload will appear as seen in the image below.

HOW TO PUT A LARGE IMAGE IN YOUR POST

There are 2 ways of doing this. 1, if via your attached images. First you must master uploading images as discussed above. Once you have done that you can use the sites max width which in this case is 1000x1000. The site will always create the smaller 'thumbnails' which are clickable to a larger image.
If you click the image and it opens in its own window, it may have a url like:
[code]http://www.forumediainc.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29&d=1299514136[/code]
You can then use the [IMG] open and [/IMG] close codes on the site. Between those IMG tags you would place the url above.
[code][IM G]http://www.forumediainc.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29&d=1299514136[/ IMG][/code]
* the img tags above are purposely spaced so you can see how the url should look with img codes.
**in some cases, people who are NOT logged in may not see the image if you are linking it on another site. It really depends on the Forums permissions.

HOW TO DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT
We outline account deletion in our Forum Rule set here.
There is currently no specific end user way to terminate an account.
Current method on account termination request is to remove personal information and set the account to 'unregistered'
Old 08-05-2011, 09:23 AM
Administrator

HOW TO DELETE / TERMINATE YOUR ACCOUNT
We outline account deletion in our Forum Rule set here.
There is currently no specific end user way to DELETE an account but you can disable it as to not get emails, subscription updates etc.
To disable your account goto: USERCO -> EDIT OPTION (scroll down) -> Enter a reason and CONFIRM DELETION (an email will be dispatched to your email on file). Confirm DELETION via email. Process complete.

Old 11-25-2011, 09:32 AM
Administrator

Prefix Sorting & Searching (applies to sections using Prefix)

Prefixes are criteria the administrators and staff can enable in the back end of the forum.
Prefixes can be anything you like. Generally we see prefixes used in the classifieds for such terms as 'FS' (forsale), 'WTB' (want to buy) 'LF' (looking for) and or in the case of the example MiataForumz.com, they are using prefix criteria for their how tos.

Below is an image of their live site. The arrow points to the prefix in use.

Sorting Prefixes
Prefixes can be searched and sorted. This becomes very useful on very active sites with prefixes. MiataForumz.com can be sorted to show only the prefix you are interested in. For instance I have sorted by the prefix interior, here are the results.

Searching Prefixes

Searching prefixes requires you to enter into the Advanced Search area. Essentially, not much changes as you only add a Prefix to search in, the keywords and submit. There are also other options as well but you can do a basic Prefix search. Prefix searching is extremely useful if the site has many prefixes.

Attached Thumbnails How To: Post on CruzeChat.com - Tips and Tricks-preifx.jpg   How To: Post on CruzeChat.com - Tips and Tricks-preifx-sort.jpg   How To: Post on CruzeChat.com - Tips and Tricks-prefix-serach.jpg   How To: Post on CruzeChat.com - Tips and Tricks-prefix-serach-2.jpg  
Old 12-23-2013, 05:14 AM

savinandi is on a distinguished road

Man, thank you so much. I have just learned a lot of things. and I am just going to rock in this forum. The thing that I like about this forum is that it is all about cruze, cruze and only cruze.

------------------------------------
DAVID GLOSS
snoring causes
Old 09-21-2022, 01:15 AM

savinandi is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by savinandi
Man, thank you so much. I have just learned a lot of things. and I am just going to rock in this forum. The thing that I like about this forum is that it is all about cruze, cruze and only cruze.

------------------------------------
DAVID GLOSS
snoring causes
<!--td {border: 1px solid #cccccc;br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;-->Outdoor porcelain slabs